Peppercorn Beef Tenderloin Roast with Mushroom Cream Sauce is an elegant meal, perfect for holidays and time around the family table. The recipe depends on great beef and flavorful spices, not tricky techniques for a perfect taste. Simple and delicious.
Every year, around holiday time, I start thinking about all the new dishes I want to try for the holiday meal. Okay, who am I kidding – every holiday meal. Because I like to cook, my imagination runs away with me and I fill notebooks with ideas for everything from lavish mains to pre-made casseroles. Every year, I have to go through the same routine of narrowing down my ideas from what is imaginable to what is do-able.
Even if you hate to cook, our kitchens are probably similar during the holiday. Kids are out of school, guests are visiting, the dog is underfoot, and I keep tripping over the plasticware my kids leave in the floor so they can fit inside the fort that used to be called my kitchen cabinet. So the fantasy of lavish, sit down meals that I spend hours preparing, sitting down in our nice clothes, and having long chats over wine about everything we love about the holiday season – well, at this point is more fantasy than reality. I am generally just happy to get to the table with more food on the table than my clothes.
This Peppercorn Beef Tenderloin Roast with Mushroom Cream Sauce is exactly the kind of recipe that actually makes the cut for the holiday. It depends on great beef – Certified Angus Beef brand, which is the highest quality of beef you can buy. And a simple blend of spices and roasting technique that make it come out perfectly, every time with no fuss.
I love cooking a whole beef tenderloin roast because it is so elegant. The flavor of this particular cut is mild and the texture is so tender, it is almost buttery. It pairs well with the rich mushroom sauce and the result is restaurant quality. Historically I have roasted far less beef than I do now. Now, I tend to favor roasting over other techniques when I need a meal to come together easily. Certified Angus Beef brand launched their RoastPerfect app earlier this year and ever since, it has been my go-to tool when looking for a meaty main dish.
The RoastPerfect app outlines everything from where you can buy Certified Angus Beef brand, to what roast to choose, exactly how much to buy and even cooking instructions and time to the minute (yes, the minute). I consider roasting to be officially demystified. If you are considering your holiday menu, I highly suggest you download the app and have a look around. You will be shocked at how easy it is to put an amazing main on your holiday table in the middle of all the chaos the holiday brings!
If you are interested in learning more about Certified Angus Beef brand, you can follow them online here:
Also, make sure to follow the RoastPerfect Pinterst Board. It is full of great ideas for the holiday, including Certified Angus Beef brand recipes, sides, and even dessert.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Certified Angus Beef® Brand in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
- Asian Beer Marinated Roast by Food Done Light
- Bone-In Rib Roast Recipe by Recipe for Perfection
- Cajun Herb Prime Rib Roast by Flavor Mosaic
- Classic Prime Rib by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Coffee Rubbed Prime Rib Roast by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cranberry Crusted Prime Rib Roast by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Garlic Crusted Prime Rib Roast by Life Tastes Good
- Garlic Herb Beef Tenderloin Roast with Creamy Horseradish Sauce by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Greek Marinated Sirloin Tip Roast by Curious Cuisiniere
- Herbed Beef Tenderloin with Port Wine and Cranberry Sauce by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Lemon Pepper Sirloin Tip Roast by Magnolia Days
- Lendenbraten with Black Truffle Sauce by Palatable Pastime
- New York Strip Roast by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Prime Rib Roast with Brussels Sprouts by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Prime Rib Roast with Creamy Horseradish Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Prime Rib Roast with Santa Maria Rub by Shockingly Delicious
- Roasted Shallot and Herb Roast by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Spiced Ribeye Roast with Caramelized Onion by Cooking Chat
- Sweet and Garlicky Prime Rib by Family Foodie
- Peppercorn Beef Tenderloin Roast with Mushroom Cream Sauce by Whole Food | Real Families
- #RoastPerfect Tips Plus Holiday Roasting Recipes #SundaySupper by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.